[TriLUG] Voice over IP solutions for Linux

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 23:16:47 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 20:18, Ralph Blach wrote:
> I want a voice Over ip solutions for linux but I want to be able
> to place the calls from my home pots lines.
>
> I thought I saw a way to do this on Slashdot but I cant find it now.
>
> Is there anyway to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chip

I just demo'ed this at the last meeting using an asterisk server.
You'll need components to hook up your Plain Ordinary Telephone line to
your computer - but those cost less than $200.

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq

If you order the parts from digium, you know they'll work with Asterisk.
Good luck and have fun.

VoIP rocks!

Jon Carnes