[TriLUG] Voice over IP solutions for Linux

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 23:08:34 EST 2004

If you're going to take the plunge (and I highly recommend that you do!)
then order the equipment directly from the source: Digium
  http://store.yahoo.com/asteriskpbx/asdevkitlit.html

$150 dollars is an even better deal!

(yes, those urls are different)

This will let you use all of Asterisk's power on your home phone.  Your
computer will become your answering machine (or Voice Mail tree), you'll
be able to forward calls to your VoIP phone (wherever that phone may be
on the internet), and if you have callerID you can do selective routing
of inbound callers (friends ring right through - others drop into Voice
Mail purgatory).

Jon Carnes