[TriLUG] Voice over IP solutions for Linux

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 09:35:18 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 08:53, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> Jon Carnes wrote:
> >
> > $150 dollars is an even better deal!
> >

> I like the $175 deal better.  It comes with hardware that
> is expandible to 4 extensions ( but only comes with one
> enabled).
>
> Does anybody know what it costs to add an extension?

More money. The 4 port cards are roughly +$200 more.

Of course, you can add as many VoIP phones to your network as you want,
so I would stick with using at most the two port card, TDM20B:
  http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=wildcard_tdm400p

Two analog port gives you an easy transition to VoIP and once the office
is up and running it gives a dedicated fax extension and one you can
easily use for Modem access (out to clients).

Of course... these days you can also get incoming lines from VoIP
providers - at much lower rates than the monthly Bell offering. So you
don't really *need* the POTS line card (as long as the provider can port
your home or office number).

Jon