[TriLUG] Adding to the list of topics: IPv6

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 09:07:43 EST 2004

John Mitchell wrote:

> The concept of an anti-terrorist inspired government and what they could do
> with IPv6 boggles the mind.

It doesn't even really have anything to do with IPv6...  it's the
fundamental idea of every appliance and electronic gadget in your
household being networked over the Internet 24x7...  Even if everybody
used IPv4 and NAT, the point would still be the same...

Me personally, I don't give a flying flip about a scenario where my
HVAC unit can "phone home" for service, my refrigerator can
automatically re-order beer for me, or any of that.

<semi-rant>
The again, I don't care for the idea of a world where the U.S.
government has a separate, semi-secret court system to approve
wiretaps for the FBI, where they are almost never turned down,
a world where the U.S. government can arrest a citizen, hold them
indefinitely without charging them with a crime, or giving them their
constitutionally protected right to due process, or a world where
the 2nd Amendment has been butchered nearly to death, etc., etc.....
</semi-rant>

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org