[TriLUG] SUSE FTP install

jsevans at nc.rr.com jsevans at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 14:15:17 EST 2004

Matthew,

I have successfully installed SuSE 9.0 a couple of times using FTP, but I never used the ftp.suse.com site, since that is probably the ftp site that that *everybody* tries.  The site with all of SuSE's recommended mirrors is here:
http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/ftp/int_mirrors.html

I usually try to install off of ftp://chuck.ucs.indiana.edu/linux/suse/suse/i386/current/suse

I've gotten really good bit rates from that server.  I'll be glad to give a hand with SuSE on Saturday if you are there.

Jason