[TriLUG] Network Install

. . fifth_civ at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:14:16 EST 2004

Hi guys,

I'd like to try my hand at an ftp install of SuSE 9.0. (T3 pipe at the
office!)

I have a dell 8100 with a Xircom RBEM56G-100 pcmcia card.  I've acquired a
copy of 9.0 disk one, created module floppies, and worked my way up to
selecting FTP as my "source media."

Alas, I am unable to initialize the nic.  "Network device not detected.
Install network module."

Selections from the (network) moduleds list fail to install.  Does anyone
know how I may insmod the specific module(s) I need?

Thanks,
Jay