[TriLUG] Denial of Service Attack

Roberto J. Dohnert webwarrior at gnu-darwin.org
Thu Jan 22 23:54:01 EST 2004

Hey Guys ,

I need a little help here.  I have been dealing with DoS attacks against
my webserver all day.   And we had a hacker break in, defaced our
website got access to CVS, didnt steal any source code but we are
checking it nonetheless.  Luckily we caught it before he could access
our customer database.  What are some of the things I can do to minimize
the damage, right now we use SuSE Enterprise Linux 8 and the Apache Web
Server.  I thought it was secure enough.  What are some practices I can
incorporate in the future to prevent DoS attacks.  I dont think I will
be able to make the Installfest because I have a real mess to clean up.

--
---
For more information on Me goto http://www.geocities.com/rjdohnert/