[TriLUG] NFS/Netapp Filer with Linux servers

Errol Casey errol at nouce.net
Fri Jan 23 20:57:58 EST 2004

> On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 18:10, Errol Casey wrote:
> > I've recently encountered some issues with NFS on linux servers mounting
> > to a Netapp F825 server.
> >

> You should go directly to the Netapp folks for some advice. I'm sure
> they have the specs for tuning the fastest connections to their app.

We have been working with Netapp. Ticket has been opened for a week with
them. We have tried a few things; and are still investigating with their
engineering team. Thought I just would ask others. I've not tried v2. I'm
up for almost anything at this point. So Monday; my test box will be setup
for v2,udp ONLY thanks for the suggestion. I need a working solution for
the problem at hand :-) even if it means going back a version in protocol
as long as it is acceptable for everybody of course :-).

I beileve we are going to investigate some kernel patches for the NFS
client stuff, etc. so it should be interesting -- but I was interested in
hearing other's parameters. I had not heard anybody suggest using v2
(actually netapp did suggest it; but I didn't understand why but hearing
someone else in the field using it maybe I do now).