[TriLUG] A question about qmail

Joshua Gitlin josh at glowfilms.com
Sun Jan 25 12:49:30 EST 2004

Hello everyone... This is a question for any qmail experts out there.
(Or anyone more knowledgeable about qmail than myself, which is
probably most people ;). I have qmail running as one of my mail
servers, and recently I've been geiing bounce messages like this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at tumaz.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<msglog at tumaz.com>:
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/alias"

 From what I've read from google, a copy of every message gets sent to
msglog... but I can't find a way to disable this. I tried setting
msglog to spool to /dev/null, but that didn't seem to work... all the
messages just started bouncing. Is there any way I can turn this off?
Do I have to recompile qmail?

-Josh

Due to the recent increase in spam and falsely sent email, I now PGP
Sign all of my outgoing mail to prove my identity. This means that you
will see an attachment called "PGP.sig" with this message. This
attachment can be used to prove that I am who I say I am. If you are
not familiar with PGP, you can safely ignore it. For more information,
please visit http://www.pgp.com/ or http://www.gnupg.org/