[TriLUG] Installfest Thank-you! -- and pictures posted

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun Jan 25 21:58:39 EST 2004

Thanks everyone for making Saturday's installfest one of the most
successful yet.  First, I want to thank our hosts, Sylvia Harrison and
Marty Knapp of Wake Tech for agreeing to let us in with all our
computers, cables, and food!  We really appreciate their hospitality in
a wonderful facility.

Thank you to all the helpful volunteers who came out to help install &
troubleshoot Linux on 30+ PCs.  There were over 60 folks present at one
point!  I want to extend an extra special thanks to Roy Vestal, Jason
Tower, and Matt Lavigne for all the hardware they brought and the
stupendous job they did coordinating the network, hardware, and power
hookups.  (Well, next time we won't hookup 40 computers onto one circuit
breaker...)  Matt and Israel Pattison even went out and bought some
extension cords when it looked like we didn't have enough -- thanks!

For those of you who may have gotten installations done yesterday -- I
hope we were helpful!  Please feel free to use this forum,
trilug at trilug.org, as well as our IRC channel (#trilug on irc.trilug.org)
for any follow-up questions you may have.

Tanner Lovelace has posted some pictures to our gallery on the TriLUG web
site at : http://www.trilug.org/gallery/Installfest-Jan-2004
If you took some pictures and would like them added, please contact either
Tanner or myself.

We are planning our next installfest to be held at Durham Tech in the
spring (late April or early May) and perhaps will go back to Wake Tech
next September.  Hope to see you there!

Jeremy Portzer
TriLUG Steering Committee
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |