[TriLUG] setting eth0 to full duplex

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at hofftech.net
Thu Jan 29 10:27:44 EST 2004

What kind of card, more specifically, what driver does it use?

I've used a tool called ethtool (may be installed on your box), you can
see what the card is set to and set many of the options, also you can pass
the parameters directly to the driver so that it's automatic.  I have an
e1000 card and I added the "OPTIONS e1000 Speed=(10,100) Duplex=0-2"
(0=auto-negotiate, 1=half, 2=full) to my /etc/modules.conf, you might be
able to find what parameters your driver accepts by using modinfo
<drivername> and tinker.

HTH

Steve

the broadcoms I use also have options