[TriLUG] iChat to GnomeMeeting (or simialer)

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Thu Jan 29 15:42:21 EST 2004

I haven't found the process that iChat AV uses, just what Bill found
concerning the SIP signaling, H.263 for video (a standard) and QCELP for
audio.  But no docs really on how they are all tied together or how to
hook into them to work with iChat.  I don't know what the pros and cons
of H.263 + QCELP vs H.323 is, it just means that I haven't found any non
mac clients that have support for that combination yet (though as Ian
mentioned maybe there is some windows work on that through AIM).  Also
since the audio is based on Quicktime, what kind of patent issues might
be out there for someone wanting to make a compatible client?

-David