[TriLUG] FBI Visit...

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 21:01:05 EST 2004

 >>  I think you need
>> to be
>> tolerant of crushing bureaucracy too.

Heh. This is why I'd never even both applying to any
of those agencies.  As soon as they saw that I'm a
Libertarian, my resume and file would go straight to
"file 13" and my name would probably go on "the list."

On second thought, maybe I should e-mail a resume to the
FBI with my current .sig, just to see what kind of
response I get back..  I bet it would contain something
like:

LOLOLOL!!! U sux0r. ROFLMAO!!  U R funny.  LOLOLOLOLOL.
get r34l l0ser. w3 w00d never h1r3 u d00d.

> Tanner, who doesn't think a program by the FBI/CIA/NSA/whoever
> to TriLUG would be a good thing at all unless they focused
> on Linux.

The idea of having a presentation from the FBI / CIA / NSA sounds
interesting in general, but I agree... unless there's something
Linux related involved, I don't know that Tri-LUG is the
appropriate forum for such a talk.

The sad thing is, anything REALLY cool that the Feds are
doing with Linux (SE-Linux aside) they probably can't
talk about. :-(

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org