[TriLUG] HD Diags

Mike Parkhurst myname17 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 4 09:26:06 EST 2004

During my testing I was fairly reckless and discovered that smartctl
errors out when you try to do much on a mounted drive ( as it should, in
my opinion ).  There is a lot of information stored in a SMART hard
drive, I'd start by dumping that, smartctl -a /dev/hda for example.
Posting the returned information might be interesting, especially the
table of stats about 2/3 of the way down.

Mike