[TriLUG] Re: Macs (was RFC: Mailing list protocol FAQ entry)

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Mon Feb 9 15:34:36 EST 2004

On Feb 9, 2004, at 1:59 PM, chris at bullocksbarn.com wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:03:21PM -0500, William Sutton wrote:

> lets not forget about Macs, even though they run on BSD, IMHO they have
> nothing to do with Linux.  If you are against closed source you HAVE to
> be against Macs

I'm assuming this is troll bait, right? Darwin, the underlying O/S in
Panther is open, as is most of the software I run on my Mac. While I
wouldn't ask a Mac-specific question on this list, since much of the
software you run on Linux runs natively on Mac via the fink project,
from the Gimp to KDE to OpenOffice, I think that many Mac questions
would be valid here.

-T

___
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:		+1 919 545 2553
Blast Internet Services, Inc.			Fax:			+1 503-961-7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org				URL: http://www2.blast.com/tarus
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C