[TriLUG] Samba 3.0 install

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Feb 10 13:02:03 EST 2004

Shawn's answer is definely the right one given the situation.  Although,
another approach to consider would have been
find / -iname smb\* -perm +x

Much more disk usage from the find command if you're going to be
searching repeatedly, but if it's a one-off it's often a quicker
solution than updating the updatedb for a few reasons:
You can abort it as soon as it's found the file you need
It will only return executable files (if you remember the optional
-perm, it's not required)
It's a repeatable handy trick, works especially well when you're not
dealing with searching the whole filesystem, but it sure does work.

Btw, I noticed Shawn's response was _real_ fast - as in before the