[TriLUG] Antivirus recommendation?

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Feb 10 13:19:56 EST 2004

The reason to look for virus protection on linux, in my experience, is
most often to scan files either stored on the box (samba file server
scenario), or passing through the box (mail gateway scenario).  Seeing
as the original request was concerned with interfacing with sendmail,
and scanning the shares associated with samba, it seems he has a mind to
protect end user's who are running windows, by stopping things at the
server for them.

Aaron J.