[TriLUG] Cory Doctorow talk at UNC video

David R.Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Wed Feb 11 17:23:36 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 04:24  PM, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Lance A. Brown wrote:
>
>> I didn't see this mentioned here before.
>>
>> Cory Doctorow's talk at UNC last week is online at
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/doctorow/
>
> Thanks. I wanted to attend this talk, but was unable to attend because
> was giving a talk myself at the exact same time on the UNC campus. :-(
>
> Did anyone here go? What was it like? Was the attendance good?

The talk Cory gave was quite informative and well attended.  Mostly
librarians and library staff - a rough crowd, but he made it thru
unscathed.  I would guess that 40-60 people were in attendance and it
lasted from 3:30 p.m. until past 5 p.m.  Haven't viewed the video yet,
but I imagine there are kernels of knowledge in there for everyone
interested in such topics.

Unfortunately, the EFF is losing Cory and he will soon move to London.
I don't doubt that he will continue supporting Copyright reform and its
related issues, but it was still nice to have him on board for the past
few years.  He is extremely well-informed and very good at conveying
such accumulated knowledge.  I'm glad I got to attend and "Thanks!"
again to Max for the video.

/drm

--
Lots to do.  Better get started.   >>>   http://ibiblio.org/matusiak/