[TriLUG] ban on freenode

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 22:02:38 EST 2004

Here is what I observed happening:

After some joking around about the general negative attitude in
#debian, a bunch of us went over there and did nothing at all.
"thunderbear" asked a question that someone else said had gotten them
an RTFM response, that, when they asked why just the RTFM led to a ban.

So he asks. And no one says anything. So he says "jeez, I haven't had
this much trouble in #fedora, I just don't want to reinstall every 6
months". And a couple other, similarly benign other distro comments to
try to get someone to answer his question. Someone actually answered
the question. I was surprised and left.

It seems to me that whoever did the ban wasn't paying attention,
because although they attempted to justify it based on thunderbear's
trolling, they didn't ban *his* host at all.

~Ian

What's that file that's attached you ask? Well, its my Gnu Privacy
Guard (GnuPG) signature that can be used to authenticate this email.
For more information, check out
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/faqs.html