[TriLUG] ban on freenode

davis davis at skink.net
Wed Feb 11 22:01:11 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:58:04PM -0500, Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 21:24, davis wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I am not happy that some of our members purposely went to the debian
> > irc channel on freenode and got our entire server banned.
> >
> > ... lead in omitted.
> >
> > <thunderbear> g4lt: and your point is?
> > *** Part: admiralfrijole (~ianmeyer at moya.trilug.org)
> [snip]
>
> If, by including my name, you are implying that I got moya banned:
>
> 21:35 < thunderbear> davis: what a maroon
> 21:36 -!- thunderbear
> [~magnus at 207-172-196-9.c3-0.rdl-ubr1.trpr-rdl.pa.cable.rcn.com]
> 21:36 -!-  ircname  : Magnus Hedemark
> 21:36 -!-  channels : #centos #pihlopase #opennms #cAos #trilug
> 21:36 -!-  server   : sterling.freenode.net [Hoofddorp, NL, EU]
> 21:36 -!-           : is an identified user
> 21:36 -!-  idle     : 0 days 0 hours 1 mins 10 secs [signon: Mon Feb  2
> 14:59:05 2004]
> 21:36 -!- End of WHOIS

Dude the log doesn't lie.  You used #trilug to plan the attack on #debian
and then resulted in banning us all.  You seemed to be pleased that you
were getting us banned.

Here are portions of the trilug log:

some of my personal favorites are at the top:
#trilug

<thunderbear> davis is a butt plug
<thunderbear> don't worry about moya getting banned; I'm on my own machine.
<thunderbear> hey go to #debian for a bit
<thunderbear> I'm feeling frisky after daleth did that shit behind my back

You have already seen the #debian log