[TriLUG] Linux on Toshiba laptop not recognizing 2nd hard disk!

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 00:58:11 EST 2004

Phillip Rhodes wrote:

Ok, here's some additional info.. I found a kernel option specified
in grub.conf, hdc=ide-scsi.  I took that out and now
if I fdisk -l /dev/hdc, it sees the drive.. BUT.. it thinks there
is ONE partition of type SFS (whatever that is).  In reality there
are two or three NTFS partitions....

Anybody got any thoughts on what might be causing this? Or more
to the point, how to fix it?

The goal here, is to get to my mp3 collection (which is on that
2nd hard drive) when I'm running Linux.. I've already gotten the
NTF support to work (for partitions on /dev/hda) I just can't get
anything to work with this other drive...

Help.. :-)

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org