[TriLUG] Linux on Toshiba laptop not recognizing 2nd hard disk!

Brian A. Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Sun Feb 15 02:37:51 EST 2004

> I was just trying to use fdisk to view the partition information, so I
could
> figure out which partition I wanted to mount under linux...

Yeah, after I sent, I figured that's what you were after.

> I actually never tried to mount any partition on hdc, because as best
> as I can tell, Linux doesn't think there are any partitions on hdc.

I'd try it anyway.  If nothing else, there may be an informative error
message waiting for you.  The special block devices already exist (as you
probably already know) in /dev for hdc1 through hdc32 regardless of whether
such partitions actually exist on the attached device.

~Brian