[TriLUG] Linux on Toshiba laptop not recognizing 2nd hard disk!

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sun Feb 15 08:49:45 EST 2004

If the extra hard drive is hot swapable for the floppy drive, it would
make sense from a Windows perspective to flag it as a dynamic drive and
manage things in its own way.  It's obnoxious if you want to use it in a
non-Windows setting, but makes sense.

Out of curiosity (and realizing that you might have to find a way to
revert it), what happens if you copy the data off, format the drive as
vfat, and put the data back on the drive?  I'm curious if it 1. will still
register as dynamic (or, hopefully, not) and 2. will be usable under both
Windows and Linux for read/write.

William