[TriLUG] RH 9 rpm hangs

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Feb 16 11:58:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Frye, Matthew wrote:

> rpm hangs on my newly upgraded RH 9 box.  I upgraded from 7.3 and read about
> a fix for rpm, but how is one supposed to install such a fix if rpm is the
> problem.  I have read many unanswered threads and many wrong ones too.

You need to run the following command as root to "unhang" RPM :
	rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.*
If that doesn't work, also try running "rpm --rebuilddb" but this second
command is rarely necessary.

After unhanging RPM, get the updated, fixed version from www.fedora.us.
Or what I'd recommend is instead you continue your upgrade to Fedora Core
1, which also has a totally fixed RPM.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy