[TriLUG] domain registars

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 00:08:16 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:37:52PM -0500, John Franklin wrote:
> I've been using domaingeeks for a while now, and have been pretty happy
> with their service.  Thing is at $25/year, they're pretty dang
> expensive, especially compared to godaddy which does it for $9/year.
>
> Who do you guys use nowadays?

http://www.pageclickdomains.net/

If you have a high value domain name and want a registrar that you can
bark at over the phone, then you need to pay the big bucks.

If you're small potatoes, then the budget guys are OK.

I had a minor problem in Jan. and thepacgeclickdomains guy fix it in
about 24 hours using email.

Never let anything go until the last minute with the budget registrars.
I renew yearly and I do it 60 days before expiry so I can switch
registrars if the incumbent won't play nice.

--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com