[TriLUG] Throttling eth0 / eth1, etc.

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 17 14:36:37 EST 2004

Greetings, all! Long time reader, newbie poster.

I would like to know a way to throttle the kb/s on any given interface
in RH9. Can this be done, "On the Fly"? See... uh... I have this linux
server at home, and my WinXP Gaming machine. While gaming, I want to
throttle down the linux machine, so ppl can still view my web site
hosted on it, but at full-speed, I get unplayable, heinus lag.

Also to note: I have DSL, and a Netgear Firewall/VPN/Router.
Unfortunately it is not robust enough to do this sort of control.

Wayne Byarlay
504 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
765-496-3067