[TriLUG] xxx.xxx.xx received a message withincorrectaurthorization code

Ralph Blach rcblach at linserver1.raleigh.ibm.com
Tue Feb 17 10:53:13 EST 2004

Jon

Thanks for the suggestion.  I finally got the key made.  Now how do I
get imapd to only accept that certificate?

Thanks

Chip

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 17:12, Ralph Blach wrote:
 > I am running an sercure Imap server behind a firewall using ssl on port
 > 993
 > On my fireway, I have port forwarding enable.
 >
 > When I try to connect to the imap server from inside the fireway,
everthing
 > works OK except I get bad certificates because it thinks I am
 > locahost.localdomain
 >
 > When I try to connect from outside the firewall I get this message,
 > xxx.xxx.xxx receive a message with incorrect authorization.
 > 1)How do I create certificates
 > 2)How do I use them so I can communicate with my imap server
 >
 > Thanks

This might be helpful to you:
   http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/CA_setup/index.html

I've setup so many certs and CA's (and kept looking up how to do it each
time) - I finally wrote my own step-by-step setup.

Hope it's helpful - Jon Carnes
--
Ralph "Chip" Blach
rcblach at us.ibm.com