[TriLUG] dev question

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Thu Feb 19 08:00:27 EST 2004

William Sutton wrote:

> Just for fun I'm working on an independent project to teach myself Java,
> including JDBC.  When I installed the system (Red Hat 9), I included
> PostgreSQL and the appropriate JDBC driver:
>
> << snipped stuff >>
 >
> Any suggestions from either the Java gurus or the Red Hat folks as to why
> this is happening?
>
> William Sutton

You need to make sure that the postgres jar file is in your classpath so
that it can be found.  For example:

CLASSPATH=.:/var/tomcat4/common/lib/log4j.jar:/usr/share/pgsql/jdbc7.1-1.2.jar

You need to find your postgres jdbc jar file for your release.  My
server is running an old one, so your location may vary.

The compile time stuff is included with the java.sql.* stuff (that's why
your compile is working) and is bound with the jdbc driver at run time
when you load the driver (which isn't working).

Hopefully this is the problem.
--
Steve Kuekes

Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)