[TriLUG] voip -- 2 lines/2 extensions, what hardware is needed?

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:13:37 EST 2004

>  I also have an old dialogic
> card collecting dust in the attic.  I think it is the d21
> (non d) version which has mu-law and a-law codecs, but I don't know
> if it is supported.

I don't know how comprehensive Asterisk's support for Dialogic hardware
is, but two things: I don't think the D-21 is supported on Linux by
the Dialogic drivers and, Dialogic have started charging for their
Linux drivers / software, starting with the most recent upgrade.

In general, I'd suggest avoiding Dialogic hardware for telephony
on Linux, and go with a company that truly supports Linux (like Digium).
Digium stuff is much less expensive than Dialogic anyway.

Just my $00.02 worth...

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org