[TriLUG] Re: Offshoring (was: Linux / Solaris Position)

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Feb 19 14:42:22 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Mike M wrote:

> Amazon has lots of off-price books from second-hand shops and such.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the brick & mortar experience by a long
shot.  (I'm also a former Amazon.com associate that has chosen to no
longer patronize them based on their shady tactics used to weasel out of
paying full commission to associates).

On the upside, I've found a wonderful store near me that has a large
double-sided aisle full of computer books that are a little longer in
tooth and marked down to the neighborhood of $5.  Sometimes their only
fault is being one generation removed from the current revision.  It's
been a great way for me to expand my library with books that are still
*mostly* relevant.