[TriLUG] Help. Kenel Panic

Nick nick at dogstar1.com
Thu Feb 19 23:56:06 EST 2004

I updated my SuSE box and now I cannot boot it. Unfortunately this box housed
my email server so I will not be able to see andwers to this until I have the
mail forwarded. My temp addy is nickgoldwater_auh2o~at~yahoo.com

the message I receive is:

Kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdc2
	[linux-bzimage, setup=0x1400, size-0x139a67]
initrd(hd0,0)/initrd
error 15: file not found

Ok, so then I start messing around with grub.

grub> Kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdc2
grub> boot

then my box starts to boot but then I receive:
Kernel panic: vfs: unable to mount root FS on 16:02

I have googled quite a bit but have not found (or understood) an answer to
this. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick