[TriLUG] mysql close statements

Brian A. Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Fri Feb 20 15:24:05 EST 2004

AFAIK, php includes work just like C-style includes, in that the
preprocessor treats it as if the contents of the included file were present
in the parent file at the location of the include.

That was a little convoluted, so here is a brief example:

parent.php:
a = b;
include("included.php");
c = d;

included.php:
e = f;
g = h++;
i = j--;

The preprocessor behaves as though parent.php contained:
a = b;
e = f;
g = h++;
i = j--;
c = d;

In other words, there is no scope imposed on included files.

Hope this is sensible,
~Brian