[TriLUG] how to list users connected to PopTop VPN?

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Sun Feb 22 21:00:57 EST 2004

Seriously, that message had an attachment.  Either gpg got confused, or
it got stripped off...

CJK
#BEGIN WHOSON.PL
#!/usr/bin/perl
open (LS, "ls -1 /var/run/ppp*.pid|");
while (<LS>)	{
	chop;
        open (PPP, "cat $_|");
	while (<PPP>) {
		chop;
		print "PPP: $_\n";
		open(LOG, "grep -h $_ /var/log/messages*|");
		while (<LOG>)	{
			chop;
			if (/authentication/) {
				$name = substr($_, index($_, "for")+4);
				$since = substr($_, 0, 16);
			}
		}
		print "Name: $name \t - \t Since: $since\n";
		close (LOG);
	}
	close (PPP);
}