[TriLUG] Max reccommended RAM for 2.6 kernel with Fedora?

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Wed Feb 25 12:00:25 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm doing a quote for a server that will run Fedora Core 1 or 2, don't
know yet, and a custom 2.6 kernel.  The following apps

 Nessus
 MySQL
 Appache
 nessusphp

It's likely that there will be more later on, but that's it for now.

I expect to put 2GB of ram in it, is there a reason to not go to 4 GB now?
 I have funding to spare, so that's not an issue, we refer to that as
layer 8 here ;') The politics layer.

Thanks,

  Kevin

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

Groucho Marx