[TriLUG] code warior for linux

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Feb 26 10:36:30 EST 2004

Ralph Blach wrote:
> Is there a code warrior for linux.  If now, is there another IDE that
> works just as well

It depends on what you are developing in.  As others have mentioned,
SlickEdit is particularly useful if you use a lot of different
languages.  I have heard a lot of good things about Code Warrior
and many people seem to have no problems under Linux.

If you are working primarily in Java...I would recommend considering
other alternatives as well.  Particularly IntelliJ IDEA.  It is
hard to beat for Java.  Another guy in my office was a die-hard VI and
SlickEdit user for many, many years.  He was so die-hard that I never
bothered trying to convince him to switch.  But after a few months
of watching all the things I could do in IDEA, he switched and still
raves about how great it is.  IDEA runs fine on Linux.  But there is
a caveat - it is only a Java IDE; they only have editors for plain
text, XML and JSPs, IIRC.  Won't help much with PHP, Perl, etc.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software