[TriLUG] Mailman Question

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Fri Feb 27 16:35:06 EST 2004

Joseph Tate said the following on 2/27/04 11:58 AM:

> Jon Carnes wrote:
>
>> You'll either have to automate the approvals (which is actually pretty
>> easy) or hack into the Mailman code (not too hard either).  But I'm
>> pretty sure this isn't a feature of the current release.
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Jon, any pointers on where to begin automating the approvals?  Curl
> making http requests?  Catch the mail to the moderator and parse out the
> approval code?  Is there a command line utility?
>
> Any ideas why the user's moderation flag doesn't override these other
> options?  I.e. the number of recipients, attachment size, etc.

Joseph,

I posted a procmail recipe to automate discards a while back.  You
can check the trilug archives for it if you want.  It should be simple
to modify that to do approvals.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton