[TriLUG] Seeking Free-Software-friendly laptop suggestions

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 8 15:08:32 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 10:28:26PM -0500, Matt Matthews wrote:

> So, does anyone have suggestions?

Because Toshiba's ill-trained out-sourced tech support blamed me
for a broken main board I cannot recommend this company's product
to anyone.  Poor durability and poor customer support is a toxic
mixture to be avoided.

I eventually got the machine fixed under warranty using my own initiative
and thanks to a local service representative.

I have a Satellite A35-S159 that I use for dual booting Linux and XP.

--
Mike

When the correction first comes, we tend to underreact. While we do not
like the surprise, we tend to think of it as maybe a one-time thing.
Things, we believe, will soon get back to normal. We do not scale back
our expectations sufficiently. It apparently takes years for this to
work itself out. - John Mauldin