[TriLUG] OT - tech jobs on the rise in RTP?

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:57:09 EST 2004

Jon Carnes wrote:

> > > ...correction, our children's money.  Our kids are going to pay this
> > > back.  Or maybe we can all give up SS.
> > >
> > > Even the congressional R's are getting a little wigged-out on the
> > > recent budget deficit.  A recent poll suggested that folks consider
> > > D's more fiscally responsible.  Myself, I think they'll both spend
> > > money they don't have just as fast as the other on the exact same
> > > things.
> > >
> > > (This is marked OT isn't it? <checking> yep, it is.)
> > > --
> > > Mike
> >
> > Actually, the Republicans are trying to get rid of taxes. The Democrats are
> > fighting it since they seem to have the belief that the Gov't knows how to
> > best spend my money vs capitalism be allowed to move freely. The more in my
> > pocket, the more I spend, the more businesses make, the more the economy
> > grows, the more businesses make jobs, the more people are employed, the more
> > money that the Gov't gets in taxes. Simple Economy 101 stuff.
>
> Well, I don't know about you, but *I* am a part of the government.  In
> fact everyone who votes is a part of this Republic.  The "government" is
> not a separate entity from our citizenship, and I'm darn tired of folks
> talking like it is!

Here!, Here!

> I'm proud to support the firemen, police officers, and military that
> keep order in our society. I'm also partial to having our parks open and
> our roads without pot holes.

> Here!, Here! again!, so long as we don't wake up one day and find Homeland
> Security running everything, then what?

McCarthyism anyone!?!?

> In Economy 101 I also learned about the ripple effect of our governments
> spending - and how it's effects far exceed those of typical business.
> "Trickle down" really does work, but only if it's money in motion. In
> tight times it's government that has to keep that money moving - as
> others hoard it and send the economy deeper into depression.

Yup!, won't argue with you there either. It does work "when the money is moving".
By the way, have you noticed that the
money is moving.......over seas?

> Yes Capitalism works, as long as folks are willing to spend money and
> take risks and grow new business.  If the rich sit on their wallets and
> just collect that money without putting it back into play then everyone
> suffers.

I say we all get a crowbar and get to work!

> So I say: Pull that money back from those fat cats and put it back into
> play!

Sure I'm game. .....Um, you first Jon, good luck! & beware of fat cats that spray!

D-