[TriLUG] introduction to screen

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 10:53:51 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:58:37AM -0500, Jason Tower wrote:
> for those of you who are unfamiliar with this handy utility:
>
> http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/9/16838/14935

This could be useful if you have a dialin connection and need
multiple sessions to other machines on the remote net - yes?
If so, this is _exactly_ what I didn't know I needed.

Here's something related that popped up when I was googling
around on GNU-screen:

http://ratpoison.sourceforge.net/

I must say that I've come to hate the rat.  Touchpads are the worst.
Got a nice case of tendonitus, I do.  Had it since 2002.
--
Mike

When the correction first comes, we tend to underreact. While we do not
like the surprise, we tend to think of it as maybe a one-time thing.
Things, we believe, will soon get back to normal. We do not scale back
our expectations sufficiently. It apparently takes years for this to
work itself out. - John Mauldin