[TriLUG] linux antivirus solution

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 15:42:36 EST 2004

ClamAV works fine for the Linux servers  - samba file servers, and
primary and secondary mail servers. You should keep the other antivirus
software up and running on the workstations.

MailScanner is fantastic for cleaning viruses out of mail and for
deploying ClamAV in the fight against email propagated viruses.

MailScanner also comes with some great canned scripts for auto-updating
virus signature files - they have scripts specific to all the major
vendors.

Good Luck, and let me know if you need any help in deploying it!

Jon