[TriLUG] Shorewall and iptable_nat

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Thu Mar 11 17:09:57 EST 2004

If all you're doing is protecting just that box, then no, you don't need
nat.  However, shorewall tries to load it, and I've never loaded it on a
box that didn't have nat available.

the question is, is shorewall working.  The best way to find out is to
ask it.  "shorewall status" will give you a list of all rules in the
tables, and current connections through the firewall.

if that has the rules you are expecting, then yahoo!  if not, then
apparently shorewall freaks out when NAT is loaded.

HTH,
CJK

--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>