[TriLUG] 2.6 Problems

Roberto J. Dohnert webwarrior at gnu-darwin.org
Fri Mar 19 08:55:11 EST 2004

Hey guys, Im having huge problems with kernel 2.6.  I recompiled 2.6 for one
of my SiSE 9 installations and it worked ok, the problems I have now is that
sometimes my keyboard will quit working, I could be typing something up and
for no reason whatsoever it just quits making me have to reboot.  This
happens with the USB keyboards and PS/2 keyboards.  And also, the damn thing
wont quit kernel panicing.  It will boot and run for half an hour to an hour
and then it just goes.  I had successfully built the kernel before and didnt
have any problems on a Red Hat 9 installation.  Any tips/help would be
appreciated.  Here are the stats of my machine:

Via Motherboard
AMD Athlon 700 mhz
2 gig RAM
2 120 Gig IDE Drives,Master 120: main boot drive
3 45 gig SCSI Drives HotSwappable
Via FireWire Controller
Built in Broadcom Nic
Conexant 56K modem

I had OpenBSD on this machine before I had SuSE 9 , also the default SuSE 9
installation works.  I recompiled the Kernel with ACPI instead of APM
because this specific box uses ACPI and it is Athlon Specific.

Thanks in advance.