[TriLUG] Wi-Fi in Durham/RTP

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Mar 19 14:19:35 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 14:04, Dan wrote:
> --On Friday, March 19, 2004 01:48:13 PM -0500 Jeremy Portzer
> <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:
> > The McCafe in the McDonalds at Hopson & 54 has wi-fi if you buy a meal.
>
> I've never been but I wonder how they enforce the buying the meal part?  do
> they give you authentication stuff with the receipt?

Yes, you get a card with a code on it when you buy a meal (I think you
have to ask for it, not certain as I haven't actually done it yet).
When you fire up your laptop and connect to the access point, you'll get
a proxy server prompt when you visit any web site.  You put in the code
to gain access.

--Jeremy