[TriLUG] Weird Mail question. Well, not all that weird

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 09:30:39 EST 2004

RoadRunner must have added a new check on their queued mail. Apparently
it's seeing the header put in by your mail server and then trashing it
based on the fact that it originated from a "smtp server" that is in a
dynamic address pool.

You could try a few config changes on your Mail server (like having it
masquerade as smtp-server.nc.rr.com) and see if that works, but I'll bet
the check is solely based on the reverse lookup of your servers IP
address.  That being the case...

  http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/
or
  http://www.twcbroadband.com/products/stip.php