[TriLUG] automated Audio processing in Linux

Mark Wilson mrmoo1231 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 10:34:53 EST 2004

--- John Mitchell <john280z at earthlink.net> wrote:

> >William R. Gomeringer wrote:
> >There is a sound utility for backing up and
> restoring old vinyl recordings
> >called gramofile.
>

> http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/

Funny you guys should mention gramofile.  I've been
using it myself lately to digitize my LP's.
Only for some bizarre reason, I'm no longer allowed to
access gmix or aumix or anything.  The other night I
`apt-got' openoffice.org from Debian sarge, and a
whole bunch of other stuff got installed as well.

I *can* still play wav's & mp3's, but when I tried to
do some more recording this a.m., the level meter was
flatlining.  Hmmmm...  So to check, I attempted to
open gmix (both as root and as a user) but it thinks
that I either no longer have permission to to access
/dev/mixer, or sound isn't compiled in.  I *know* that
can't be the case, unless I'm hallucinating Paul
Winter's "Sun Singer"....
Any ideas?
(sorry, feel free to castigate me for posting a help
message here, and so soon after joining the list,
too!)

-Mark

=====
--
Seek professional help!  Ask a librarian.