VERPing and Personalization (was Re: [TriLUG] Iptables help)

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Wed Mar 24 10:12:52 EST 2004

Jon Carnes said the following on 3/24/04 9:36 AM:

> Dear List maintainers (that's the Steering committee),
>
> Can we VERP the list and have this individual kicked off?
>
> Many thanks - Jon Carnes

Hi Jon,

Good idea.  I *think* I've got VERP setup correctly now.
I've set things up so each list can decide to enable
personalization and then I set it so personalized deliveries
are VERPed.  I didn't go all the way and add "Full Personalization"
yet, though.  Can you suggest why or why not we might want to
go that far?  It looks to me like it changes who the "To:"
field is (i.e. instead of it being the list it would be
the person it was ultimately delivered to).  Now, I would
hope no one is filtering on To, but in the interest of not
breaking things to much, I just went to simple personalization.
I'm not committed to that, though, if someone can make a case
one way or the other.

As far as unsubscribing that individual, that's been done.  Please
note people that if you can't setup your e-mail to accept
trilug messages you will be unsubscribed, no questions asked.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton