[TriLUG] LaTeX gurus: is it possible to ignore lines on 'include'

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Mar 24 23:04:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 20:20, Douglas Kojetin wrote:
> Well, it's by no means perfect at this point.  I'm using a system
> similar to yours.  Just make sure you use \input instead of \include in
> included files (apparently an included file cannot \include another
> file, but can \input another file).
>
> % test.tex
>
> \include{header}
>
> \include{chapter1}
> %\include{chapter2}
> %\include{everything}
>
> \end{document}

Hi Douglas and Andrew,

I use Makefiles with LaTeX occasionally but the above method is
sufficient for most needs.

And, like Andrew, I have a few huge bibtex files that I've edited and
copied around for some years.  More recently, I've been using "isi2bib"
or "xisi2bib":

  http://www.chemphys.lu.se/Homepages/h_nienhuys/p/latex/i2b/

to convert entries from the ISI Web of Science.  Also, take a look at
bibtexml

  http://bibtexml.sourceforge.net/

which can be used, along with free Java XSLT packages (eg. xerces &
xalan) to produce reasonably-good-quality HTML markup from your ISI
and/or bibtex collections.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com