VERPing and Personalization (was Re: [TriLUG] Iptables help)

Brian A. Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Fri Mar 26 13:34:29 EST 2004

(Tanner wrote)
> >>still going WTF is
(Tanner also wrote)
> Note that those two links are numbers 1 and 4 in the list
> on google if you search for VERP.  Sheesh.

Calm down, friend..  You *did* ask. :-)

...the perils of tossing a rhetorical question at the masses...

Although while I am proud to say I actually did google verp, I am pleased to
see the explanations that have been offered by some of the list members in
response to that rhetoric.  As a whole, LUG (not just triLUG; I am speaking
generally) members have a bit of a stigma for impatiently telling young'uns
to figure it out themselves..  While I certainly am a RTFM advocate, I
always appreciate when the experts deign to explain simple things to newbies
who for whatever reason just aren't getting it (as I have been in that
position more than once).

Cheers to all.

~Brian