[TriLUG] OT: password cracking service for Word docs

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Mar 26 17:05:43 EST 2004

i can't speak for word, but a client recently sent me a XLS file that had
passwd-protected cells/columns (they had forgotten the passwd and wanted
to know if i could "fix" it).  OO calc had no trouble with it, saved it as
a new file and all was right with the world.  i did have to do a
"unprotect sheet" or something like that first, only took a second.

jason