[TriLUG] OT: password cracking service for Word docs

Glenn Hennessee hennesse at chemdept.chem.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 29 08:04:32 EST 2004

There are several programs/services out there that will try to recover the
password for word files. One that I found on a google search,
http://www.getsomesoft.com/Utilities/Password-Recovery/10758-Ultimate-ZIP-Cracker.html
will crack passwords up through 5 letters in length for free. If it's
longer than that you will need to pay for it. I have never used any of
these programs/services so I can't vouch for how well they work. But if
the document is that important....

glenn

--
Glenn Hennessee